Illinois Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominations
Please read all of the eligibility requirements. The nominations are open to ALL genres of music but must have ties to Illinois. All nominations will be reviewed and the Illinois Rock & Roll Museum on Route 66 reserves the sole right to accept or reject nominations that do not meet the criteria laid out below. Nominations will be reviewed by an "eligibility committee" to confirm nominees' eligibility and the final voting process will be done by Museum Members. To find out more about Museum Memberships visit https://www.roadtorock.org/membership/ Your information will not be shared with any other parties and will be used for the sole purpose of this survey and communications from the Illinois Rock & Roll Museum.
- Must have been formed or started at least 25 years ago.
- Must have a tie to Illinois such as but not limited to:
- born in Illinois
- started career in Illinois
- based in Illinois
- recorded in Illinois
- Band or solo artists
- radio station
- record store
- recording studio
- recording label
- music store
- ballroom, club, or club owner/manager who has made a significant impact on the Illinois music scene.
Significant consideration includes:
- size of touring region
- number of recordings
- and how the nomination’s contribution has enhanced music in Illinois